[DL] Deadlands Props

Comments made by various folk have got me thinking about one of the most fun
things in Deadlands -- the props. With poker chips and playing cards as part
of the required equipment (my Posse's Huckster shuffles his deck constantly;
part of it is characterization, but the other part is nervousness about the
outcome of his next hand), how can you go wrong?

In one recent message, someone stated that he has his Posse draw Fate Chips
out of a spittoon, a great use of another staple of the Old West. I have
always used a rough, square wooden box for my Fate Pot. The box is hinged on
top and painted black except for the hand-carved white skeletons on each
side -- a Mexican "Dia de los Muertos" box. Never fails to elicit a grimace
from my players as they fish around in THAT thing at the beginning of each
session!

So who else has come up with imaginative Fate Pots or other props for use
with Deadlands, and how have they added to your game?

The Schoolmaster