[DL] Dodging multiple attacks- Classic

Howdy all!  I've just started a new Deadlands campaign after a few years downtime and while I still have most of the rules memorized after all this time, there was one that I couldn't quite remember.  If you dodge during a round, does it go towards all further attacks that round or is a new dodge roll required for each attack?  Since Vamoosin' requires some sort of movement like ducking for cover or dropping to the ground, I'd assume new dodge rolls would be required for each new attack during a round that got around or through whatever cover you might have after the first dodge.
  The real problem I had happened in last night's game: One of the posse members had two gatlin pistols he was firing at a black hat.  I had the black hat dodge.  Now since two rolls are required (one for each gun), does the black hat's dodge roll count for both?  I ruled that it did since both pistols were fired during the same action rather than seperate actions.
  Now I know that I read something somewhere that covered dodging multiple attacks in a round, I just can't remember where.  Maybe I read it in HoE or the previous edition of Deadlands.... Help?

Mike