mime?

>>Who can NOT deal with it?  However, that may impact those users who are
>>not using MIME aware
mail clients.  How many of you are there?

i don't know.  how do we know if are mime aware or not?  (for the record, i
use hotmail.)

>>And do you have access to somethine like the unix command "lynx"?

beats me, i have no idea what the unix command lynx is.

sorry to be a difficult, but i'm willing to bet i'm not the only person who
has no idea what you're talking about.

>>I want to avoid a solution that is unworkable for those users.

well, if i understood at least part of your email correctly, you are looking
to program in graphics boards to replace the ascii boards.  the most obvious
solution is to let the users set their games for either graphics or ascii,
sort like the way you can choose the large or small chess board.

the biggest problem for some people (that i can forsee) may be if they have
older slower computers, in which case graphics may take too long to load.  i
remember using some slower computers a couple years ago - the wait to load
up boards on the mindsports arena was agonizing.

anyway, i still think graphics would be a great idea, i know of at least one
person who won't play games w/ me on this server only because the boards are
ascii.  the game i think would benefit the most is trax - i currently find
the diagrams unreadable until i print them out and trace the paths with
pens, which is why i don't play anymore.