Re: [pbmserv] Broadcast from slipsits via PBM Server

If your owl looked exactly like their owl, there might be cause for concern.  You'd have to go out of your way to copy their owl to incite claims of infringement.

If you were to use an original, unique owl image in association with gaming, nobody in their right mind would sue you.  They could potentially be countersued for filing a frivolous lawsuit and receive a judgement awarding you treble damages.

-Mark

On 6/11/06, Richard Rognlie <rrognlie@gamerz.net> wrote:
On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 01:16:46PM -0700, Mark Steere wrote:
> Good point Robert.  I would only re-emphasize that nobody owns the general
> use of owls as trademarks, least of all some obscure Russian TV game show.
> Gamerz Net isn't a game or a game show.  It's a game server.  The assertion
> that a Gamerz Net owl would infringe on a Russian TV show is utterly
> ridiculous.

That said, would you want to pay the swarm of lawyers that would descend
if they thought I was infringing...?

Neither do I...  8^)

--
/  \__  | Richard Rognlie / Sendmail Ninja / Gamerz.NET Lackey
\__/  \ | http://www.gamerz.net/~rrognlie    <rrognlie at gamerz.net>