Re: [PyrNet-L]LOST & CONFUSED

Phil & Chris Speakman wrote:

> 1.    If anyone has seen my mind please tell it to get back home.

Your common-sense has gone out of the window but your mind is at rest!

> 2.    Anyone know of a good way to organize their "kept" emails....mine
> are everywhere and I know I've answered/reanswered/rereanswered stuff
> while completely forgetting other questions.

Just create a new folder or directory (on your PC) and dump them in
there.

> 3. Papers, papers, notes, scribbles, everywhere....any suggestions on
>    a Good Pyr information book?  I'm getting the Total Shiba book but > >    think I better get a Pyr book....my notes are confusing me.

Papers and notes are easy to organise. Just create a mini-mountain on
your desk. If ever you need to refer to a document, the most recent will
be on top and if the document isn't on the top then it is probably out
of date anyway <bg>.

> 4.  Just how much does a Pyr eat???  Big dog = BIG P--p......any funny
>     stories about clean up??

There is nothing funny about p--p! In our household, the act of going
round with the p--p scooper is called 'Dog Patrol' - it sounds a bit
better when in polite company. We have two Pyrs and Rough Collie and
they can certainly do a lot of p--ping. We are fortunate that there is
an access cover (manhole) to the sewage system in a convenient spot. So
we lift the lid, shovel it in and use the gaeden hose to do a quick
flush.

> 5.    Have heard/been warned that the Shiba likes cat p--p for
>       dessert.....gross yes...strange very...now what about Pyrs????

One of ours (Cottee) does this. Don't accept kisses for at least a
couple of hours afterwards! We try to make sure that there isn't any
p--p lying around for her to get to, but she sometimes defeats us!

> 6.    This was asked on the Shiba listing but I thought it might be
>       interesting to everyone here as well:;
>       How did you come to choose a Pyr??

We had two Rough Collies (both rescues) but sadly lost our old girl at
age 16. My 'better half' had a stroke at age 46 and so we decided that
if we were going to get another dog, it would have to be a big one so
that it did run around and get under her feet. We contacted our Vet who
provided us with the addresses of rescue centers for large breeds. There
were no Newfs, St Bernards, Anatolian Karabashs or Great Danes but there
was one Pyr. As it turned out that one was not right for us but Lorna
Ireland (runs the Pyr resuce in the UK) had a girl (Sasha) who had been
with her for 2 years. Apparently she was in an absolutely terrible state
when rescue and we have since seen the pictures which confirm this.

We made absolutely the right choice!

Barry Denyer
Third Acre, Coolham, England