Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

On 10 Jun 98, at 19:28, Schonberg Farms wrote:
> I believe that this family needs to evaluate their living situations, if
> they are going to have children banging on the doors and windows and
> shrieking about the area, then this family needs to place this dog in a
> more calm environment, since this dog is a male, why is it around
> children anyway?
>
> I say either train the kids and the parents and stop blaming the dog.
> Like the saying goes:  "There aren't bad dogs, just bad owners."

Male bashing time, huh.  What makes males so much different?  My male just
loves kids and is as sweet as can be with them.  The last pyr rescue I got in
here was a female and I had her euthanized rather than place her.  Way, way,
too nippy, and ready to bite.  An unsound minded dog is an unsound minded
dog in any breed and should never be placed with any family and I simply don't
agree with I just can't do it and pawning the problem off on someone else.  It's
called do what's best for all concerned.  You can't rehabilitate them all even
though you'd like too.  There are too many good ones out there that need good
homes.

Janice, janices@jump.net
Admiral & Linsey (newfs), Bianca & Sonny (pyrs)
http://www.jump.net/~janices/
Leander, TX
Visit Old West Newfoundland Club's website at
http://www.jump.net/~janices/ownc/