Re: [PyrNet-L] Girl that was bit

Joan Ziehl wrote:

> I'm sure I can expect some heat from this BUT:
>
> I don't think that setting up a fund and handing out money is a good
> idea.  We can't be responsible for every BYB/poor temperment pyrenees
> that is being produced, and to expect a few to apologize for others who
> won't take responsibility for their own actions is pointless.  It is
> they who continue to breed inappropriate dogs to each other, and sell
> these dogs to anyone who comes along.
>
> Education is needed, although I fear that the barn door is already open.

I agree, there should not be any money given out.  This is also the
problem of the pyr owner, if they cannot control their own dog being
around children or not then they are the ones at fault.  This topic is a
good one at best, but lets not get on a rampage about it.  Yes, a child
got attacked by a pyr, it could have been any other dog(breed).  I
believe that this family needs to evaluate their living situations, if
they are going to have children banging on the doors and windows and
shrieking about the area, then this family needs to place this dog in a
more calm environment, since this dog is a male, why is it around
children anyway?

I say either train the kids and the parents and stop blaming the dog.
Like the saying goes:  "There aren't bad dogs, just bad owners."

Susan