[PyrNet-L] Re: Chat: Pinch collars

Noah wears a "pinch collar" on all walks.  That's his signal that he's going
for a walk, he hears the "jingling" and comes running.  It is taken off the
minute he gets back home as they could get hung up on the fence or anything.
The training collar comes in very handy while on walks or training exercises
(it especially helps when the dog outweighs you by about 40 lbs).  Noah is
fairly obedient (we're still working on it) but does have a problem with
"pickup trucks" and strange, loose dogs (who run right up to him sometimes
friendly sometimes menacing)---with the collar, I make one correction to
remind him to leave them alone and off we go.
Cheryl R.

You wrote:
Did you use a "pinch collar" during training? do you use the collar
at all times?  I am in "pretraining" with our PYR pup and have a
hard time in a real world environment using a regular collar.
Thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated
Ken