RE: [PyrNet-L] Fur staining and allergies!

Mitzi,

Thanks for the info.  The vet did mention a type of mite that is a rare
possibility.  But I thought she mentioned a skin scraping from the
bottom of the foot.  Though it doesn't make sense, since that's not
where it itches.  I will keep this mange in mind though if this carries
on for another few weeks.  We're going to try the conservative approach
first.

The vet also recommended I contact the breeder and ask if the parents
had any allergies.  If so, it could be a valuable lead.

> Has she been around any other dogs? Dogs can easily have it, but not
> look terrible like some of the pictures show. Does she play in the
> park with any other dogs? Go visiting?

	I had to laugh! She *is* a pyr.  We visit **everybody**

> It's just a thought, but it's often overlooked. I know it's possible
> for a dog to have allergies at 5 months, but it sure doesn't seem
> very likely at that young of an age.

	I agree about her age, but she does seem to be suffering with
the constant fur chewing.  Badly enough that I  though it worth seeing a
vet.   Sounds like the mange might be better though, it's curable!

	Deanna