Re: [PyrNet-L] Itchy update

Deanna,
I've been told many times that most allergies seem to be due to food.
However, when the itchiness is the feet and legs, I would wonder about
grass allergy or something the pup comes in contact with through the
feet.  We had a friend whose dog was very allergic to a powdered carpet
cleaner.

About foods, my puppies often prefer the adult food over puppy food at
about 4-6 months which is when we begin to change them to adult food.
Be sure that you do not feed high-energy, high protein adult food.  We
have used the Eukanuba puppy chow for large breeds.  The only draw back
we found was that it contains fish oil which is pretty stinky.

If you suspect food allergy, you might consult your Vet about which
ingredients are most likely to cause allergic reactions.  Some people
have good luck with lamb and rice food, others avoid lamb products and
some try to stay away from wheat.

Good luck, keep us updated.
Charlotte