Re: [PyrNet-L] Flock Guardian Pyr Problem

Good morning everyone!  I woke up this morning to 18 E-Mails, the kids
walked by my bedroom and yelled a humorous, " Way to go, Mom ", and
muttered something about " flayed meat "!  Thank you for my few
supporters that realize that I was not an advocate for vicious dogs, but
just a person who believes that innocent until proved guilty applies to
all living things!  Not just the sacrosanct human being.

A dog bite is different than a mauling.  If this woman touched this dog
after being warned, did he give her in what amounts to dog language " a
corrective bite"?  Coming from a any giant breed, a corrective bite could
do damage.  Or did he aggressively savage her?  This was really what I
was asking, all along.

In a single, quick note, you assume that this dog was unable to determine
a threat.  I am not sure that we can assume that without more
information?
It would seem that no one gives the dog the benefit of the doubt, and we
do not question the woman at all?

Next there is a jump to attacking children..  I am at a loss as to how we
get to that point so automatically.  The vast amount of dogs in this
country ( judged on the numbers alone ) would not ever go for a child.
Most dogs do differentiate between the young in all species.  Dog bites
in children really do have a background in neurotic owner behavior.  It
does not occur naturally in the dog.  He may bite a child, but I don't
know that based on the item I read.  You want to kill him on what you
think he might do?  I cannot judge him so freely.

I would want to know body posture of the dog on this bite, what really
occurred prior to the bite and afterwards.  Did the dog warn and back
off, or did he aggressively pursue.

I am not an advocate of bad behavior in either dogs or humans.  But I see
far more stupid behavior in humans than in the dog.  And that is amazing
in itself, since we screw with their genetics and their minds so much.  I
have long felt that humans are loosing the ability to use common sense.
Judging from the number of books on the shelves telling us what to do,
how to raise our kids, how to organize and clean our house, how to be
happier, and so on.
And then your going to complain that the dog made an error in judgement??

If this dog needs to be put down, fine, so be it.  But not just because
he bit someone once in five years, give me the real reason.

I pride myself on happy healthy animals, well adjusted members of the
family, and kids that are the same.  I feel that interaction is a very
big part in dogs behavior, and too few dogs are allowed to actually live
as a family ( pack ) member.  This dog evidently was a working dog in the
fields mostly, and probably had poor people skills.  He may never have
touched her in his field, other than a warning bark, because that was his
domain, and he understood it.

All I know in this on-going disagreement is that I would not be so quick
to kill, and I am fed up with animals being killed so easily, and
callously.  Humans abuse other creatures too easily.  This poor animal
probably has no idea that what it did was inappropriate, it may have felt
very justified, and we kill without question?

I stand on my belief, that there is more to this story than meets the
eye!  Cyn.  Have a good day Y'all!

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]