Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: re Wolfhound

Hi Stephanie,  Ok, you have me hooked!  How, at 4'11" did you decide it
would be easier to control a 34-36" male  W.H. over a Pyr.?  The weights
at that point wouldn't be that different.  The books repeatedly say that
the Pyrs. are one of the strongest dogs in existence today.  But that is
still comparative I am sure among all the giants, and I don't ever want
to see people having dog fights to prove that point!  Did you just think
it would have an easier nature to deal with?  I am almost 5'9, and I just
have to chuckle at the thought of you and this I. W.  There was a gal up
in Michigan that had I think "Imperial Kennels, I. W.'s " and she was
only about 4"11".  We used to get such a kick out of her at the dog
shows, trying to set these big guys up.  She had a hard time holding the
head and neck up, while reaching down to set the legs!  Although her dogs
did win!

I am having a bout of Pyr. escapes, seems like ten mo. is the equivalent
of the terrible two's.  Yesterday I could have shot them as easily as
looked at them.   This morning isn't looking any better.  They are
digging everything in sight, and look like Newfs., not even Landseers!  I
want to give these four a bath at this moment like I want a hole in my
head! We will cement the carport/kennel run to eliminate this mess.  But
it is going to take a little bit.  They are all of a sudden out of the
blue, just becoming obsessive about escape.  And they are mostly house
dogs!  I hope this eases some with maturity.

At any rate, I like hearing about your I. W., and I chuckle at the
thought of you together..respectfully of course! :-)!  Have a good day!
Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]