Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT: re Wolfhound

Stephanie,

Isn't it funny that if you were looking for the biggest darn dog
imaginable, the breeders would tell you that " this dog was sure to be
that" for whatever reason.  Then the dog never gets that size, or even
approaches it.  If your hoping for a smaller model within the breed, you
get the larger end!  I used to comment that according to other peoples
comments, My Mastiffs were never as big as theirs, and my Shih-Tzu was
never as small.  All mind you, fell perfectly within the breed standard!
I also get fed up with Mastiffs that weigh 300 lb.  Only one and he is in
the Guiness book of World records, in truth, most never hit 200 lbs.  The
average being 185.  I love 200 lb. Great Danes too, and their a dog that
has no reason, no matter how tall they are,  to ever hit that size.
Human nature to embellish, up or down, whatever!

Mine are all contrite at the moment, frankly I think it is a set-up, con
Mom in to believing they are sorry about their behavior.  Polar Bear,
never got off the bed last night ( usually they are only on for a few
minutes cuddle ), and I hung on to the edge of the bed  all night I
think?

We do enjoy hearing about your Wolfhound adventures, and will look
forward to hearing about the addition of the Pyr.  when she comes.  I
think you will have interesting stories to tell!

Have a great day!    Cindy

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]