Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Health Issues/Bloat

I need some clarification here on the bloat issue. From what I
understand Bloat is Gastric Dilatation as opposed to Gastric Torsion.
One can be caused by the other. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know
what to watch out for but I am not well versed in the ideology.
Another thought on this is; Could this be caused by feeding kibble dog
food? Not the only cause but perhaps one of them? Since kibble swells
when it comes in contact with liquid it could be a contributing factor
to bloat? I don't feed kibble. I have fed it in the past with no
trouble. Most of the dogs I have heard of that have experienced this
have been fed kibble. This is not a natural form of food for dogs.
(I'm not talking about ingredients here but delivery of them). It
stands to reason that the dogs that have experienced this have been
fed kibble as it is the accepted form of dog food fed by most people.
I do feed a dry food but it is not kibble and swells minimally when
liquid is added. I also add a complete raw meat form of food.

Barb Bowes, NJ down at the shore!
Bo, Molly, Chelsea & Flopsy the Pyr Shep
bamb@monmouth.com