[PyrNet-L] Re: Leaving your dog outside...

That would be my big fear too Dan.  I have known too many dogs who have
been poisoned.  It is a horrible thing to do.  We have so much mailbox
destruction here, and Monday our big "Eggs For Sale" sign up at the front
was totally disassembled and one of the poles were ripped out of the
ground, the other that they couldn't get out, was bent totally over.  I
have no idea why all this destruction goes on, but I do not trust my dogs
safety.  We have all the dogs that run in the country, and yet I fear for
mine in their own yard.  That is why the carport got fenced and gated,
and they are up by the side of the house when we are gone.  I still
worry, but I know that they are away from people and not easily seen.
The problem with the Pyrs., is they are such pretty dogs, they attract
attention!  I know I would love to have a camera at our front.  We have
guys that stop out in front and drink, and toss the cans, and take a
leak.  My daughter woke up at the right time one night and blasted them
with her Dad's quartz light, and we had the four dogs bark from the front
door.  Boy did they scramble!  At any rate, I don't trust folks with our
fuzzy white kids, and would not be comfortable leaving them out in the
yard.

Oh yeah, this is long but... We once had a drunk neighbor of ours get our
horse out of our field (managed to get him through the fence wires??? ),
ride him home bareback, falling off every so many feet ( another neighbor
saw him, which is how we know ) and put him in his field.  We came home
to a message on the machine that our horse was down in their field.  Well
of course we couldn't figure out " how " as two of us are running down to
get him, and two more are walking fence lines.  It was still a big
mystery as to how " Chance got out ", until this other neighbor called to
ask us why the fellow got the horse out and rode him home falling off
him?  It is getting so you can't even trust your own neighbors!   Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas

in the dog."  ~ Franz Kafka