[PyrNet-L] Re: Other end.

M, I'm actually only curious about them.  Are they just the result of
breeding the largest GSD to the largest, or was something  ( like a
Leonburger) crossed in?  They appear to have a real GSD head, but, in the
pictures I've seen, they don't seem to have the real exaggerated stance??
 Are the health problems size related or in the breeding?  Personality as
sharp as a GSD, or softer?

I have a friend who is nuts about G.S.D's.  I must admit her Cruz was one
large and very attractive
male.  But she is the last person in the world who should have that
breed.  She has them because she is afraid of her own shadow, and wants
the macho look....but then she is actually afraid of the dog too?  I
agree with you that GSD's are very serious workers, and need good
competent owners to love them and focus them.  As I said, Cruz was one of
the nicest looking dogs I've seen in the breed in a long time, but at
best he was a pain in the arse...and worst he was a loaded gun.  Now
after two years without him she wants another?  I keep trying to direct
her towards some breed more suited to her personality.  For one thing she
always travels with the dog, it has been difficult in the past, with Cruz
and the Mastiffs.  My Pyrs. are lovers, but I really don't see them being
too happy dealing with a dog with an attitude!  I don't like war
zones...I don't have a secret desire to see dogs go up against one
another.  I like my big lovers the way they are.  Problem comes when you
can't convince her that she can't control her chosen breed, and should
leave it home!  Anyway, indirectly, this is how we got to the
Shilohs...and I am trying to figure them out?
Thanks for what ever you can tell me, I don't know if she listens, but I
would like to have information to try!  Cindy.  By the way...I like that
you do care about your breeds!

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas