Re: [PyrNet-L] Re: Other end.

clhenke@juno.com wrote:

> Michaelene, ah-ha...another one...yes I just love it!  They remind me of
> those long dusters on a stick that are so soft you pull them through your
> hands.

YES! I just love her tail!

> You
> don't supposed they have another brain in their tails like some of the
> really big dinosaurs do you? :-)!!

Without moving any part of her body, when Willow is on the sofa with me and I
am playing with her tail, she moves it very independently...very subtle
movements...almost like it has a prehensile quality...sort of an opossum
tail...

> By the way, since you have a GSD, do you have any knowledge of the Shiloh
> Shepherd?

Some, but not a ton. If you wanted to really get the scoop on them there are
folks on my GSD list who could supply lots of info. However, I have read on
the list that the Shiloh's are not in the best of health at the present time
and that one must be VERY careful when searching for a breeder and there are
only a few. Up until just a couple of year's ago TRUE Shiloh's were being
bred solely by the person who originated the breed. They are a GSD and they
aren't a GSD...confusing, huh? They are not recognized by the AKC.
Personally, GSD's can get very large without being a Shiloh so I stay with
the standard...my Tony weighs in at 95# and he's all muscle, drive,
willingness to please, brains and love! My vet says that once he's done
maturing (he's going to be 2 in December) around the age of 3-4 he will
probably top 100#. With any dog there is a lot of responsibility; however,
with a GSD there is more...they must have a job, they must be trained, they
must live and work with their family...they are not a dog that can be left
alone to fend for itself...it would literally die of a broken heart...or
worse...become aggressive to both humans and other animals. As you can see, I
am very protective of GSD's...they are a wonderful breed but not for those
who don't want to put a lot of hours raising their puppy or training their
adult animal.

Of course, I am now the same way about Pyrs...everyone who meets Willow falls
in love with her and thinks that they would just be tickled pink to have one
for their very own...then I go into my "did you know" mode and tell them
about fencing, recall, etc. Their idea of what they want changes a bit...and
that's OK...at least they have the scoop!

--
Michaelene & Savannah Leigh, spaniel busy body,
Tony III, GSD protector & Willow, Pyrenean guardian.

To a dog..."If there is no God for thee,
then there is no God for me."  A.H. Branch

My puppers: http://www.30below.com/~innerpuppie/puppers
Tony II at the Bridge: http://www.bargraph.com/tony