Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Sniffing.

pyr4@junct.com writes:
>my breeder had a lady come over who
>wore heavy perfume and the dogs would have nothing to do with her.
>Breeder
>couldn't understand this.  I told her to tell the lady to stop wearing
>such
>heavy perfume cause it masked her own natural body smell and that is what
>the dogs are sniffing for.

Our two, especially Paddington, are very sensitive to this, and also to
cigarette smoke. Paddington generally won't let anyone who is smoking, or
even smells of smoke, touch him. He just backs away and turns his head. I
hadn't thought of the fact that it masks natural body smell, but that
really makes sense.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose