Re: RE: [PyrNet-L] Hello -Reply

What a great story, Laurie. I may have posted this story to the list
before, but several years ago, when we still had Shelley, I had her and
Paddington over at the arboretum for a walk. We met a family with two
little boys, and the parents were telling me that one of their children
had been bitten by a dog a couple of weeks before, after they (the
parents) had asked and been assured by the owner that the dog was fine
with children. So, said Momma, they will probably be scared around these
much larger dogs. We looked down, and there were *both* kids, with their
hands buried in pyr fur, and both dogs were just loving them up. After
quite some time, as they moved off toward their car and we continued our
walk, I heard the older child (about 6, the one who'd been bitten) say to
his mother, "Momma, I've changed my mind; I do want a dog some day, but I
want one like that!" Like many others on this list, we do "official"
therapy dog visits, but I'd love to know just how much unofficial therapy
the pyrs of pyrnet-l do!!
Ann, Peg, Paddington (I prefer the unofficial stuff--it's always too hot
in those others places we go!) and Ivy Rose