Re: [PyrNet-L] Compatibility with birds

Graham, I don't have personal experience with birds in the house, but my
guess would be that any of the dogs you mention would probably be OK,
particularly if you get a puppy and raise it around the bird. Our
Paddington (pyr) will actually lie on the deck and let the birds pick up
the hair lying around--occasionally while it's still attached! But he goes
crazy if crows or seagulls fly *over* the house, settle on the roof, etc.
I wouldn't be so sure about Ivy Rose (pyr also)--she's highly intrigued by
anything different! It may depend on the individual dog. If you were
considering an older dog, I think I'd want to introduce them first before
making a final decision.
Good luck!
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose