Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Failure of Rescue

I've been following this thread sporadically and with mixed feelings. I
have tremendous admiration for all the folks who work so hard in rescue,
as I do for breeders who work so hard to continue the health and soundness
of their breed and stand behind every puppy who comes from their kennel.
I wonder if part of the solution of fewer puppies for rescue might not
come with some kind of control over registration beyond what currently
exists. Might not breed associations, or a sub-committee of same, be given
some authority regarding AKC registration? Some folks don't understand
that "AKC puppy" is no guarantee that you're getting any kind of good
representative of the breed. It seems to me that this would be one way to
limit the operation of puppy mills, whose puppies would have a much more
limited market if they couldn't be sold with "papers."
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose