Re: [PyrNet-L] Failure of Rescue

Jack, excellent point, on several scores.  I know, living in the country,
what we go through with dropped off dogs.  Never ending stream.  But even
for those who start off with an ad in the paper I am amazed by the number
that have " must go to a good home in the country "  or better yet (?) "
needs a country home where he can roam free"???  I cringe when I read
these, because you just know what is coming.  Last night I had a stray on
my front porch sitting there barking, until he heard the barks from
within, and decided it might not be the best place for him to be.

I also agree with you, and have thought it myself, about requiring
everyone to take back ( buy back is better, as you say ) every dog they
produce that is not kept.  It would sure put a dent in the sell them,
sell more, sell many more mentality that is prevalent.  Here is where
responsibility would really come in to play.  It might not stop it all,
but I bet it would really cut down on the animal population problems if
people had to be responsible for what they were producing.

Tough solutions for tough problems, probably not popular, but it would be
wonderful to try!    Cindy.

Cindy Henke
clhenke@juno.com
Ennis, Texas