Re(2): Re(2): [PyrNet-L] Failure of Rescue

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> AKC really needs to be reassured that the
>majority of us out there support this action.   The more clarrification
>and
>control they can get (although it may be inconvenient - I think well worth
>it!) the better the pure-bred's chances are.

I agree, Lara. I wasn't aware that there are so many other agencies that
people give credence to. I tend to stay clear of pet stores and most of
the newspaper ads I see that are suspicious still claim "AKC
registration." I too have owned and loved mixed-breed rescue dogs, the
"randomly bred," and am happy that so many people are willing to love them
and give them homes, but anything we can do to minimize the number of all
dogs who end up in rescue of any kind....and who are euthanized in any
given year....is worth a lot of inconvenience. I don't wholeheartedly
support everything the AKC does, but any effort to tighten up breeding
standards seems to me to at least warrant serious  consideration by the
breed organizations and those of us who do love a particular breed.
Ann