[PyrNet-L] coming when called

In some perverse way, isn't the independence one of the things we love
about these big goofs? Ivy Rose *almost* always comes in when called,
mostly because she can't stand the thought that she might miss something,
edible or otherwise. Paddington will sometimes come immediately, if it's
about dinner time, he thinks a real walk is upcoming, or more rarely,
because he's called! More often, he'll look at me from his sandbox, maybe
stand up, let out a couple of barks, and wait until I either give a more
firm-sounding definitive command, or take a couple of steps into the yard
towards him,  before he'll step slowly out and meander down. Making an
issue of it--giving the command, then immediately going out to get him if
he doesn't respond quickly, will improve things for a while, especially if
I do a couple of "fronts"  on the way in. But we both know that he's
humoring me, and could just as easily continue to say "come and get me" in
his inimitable way!!
Ann, Peg, Paddington (when it's icy or wet I know I can get away with a
lot more!) and Ivy Rose (you never know when she might have a cookie!)