Re: [PyrNet-L] CHAT, EVENTS: PREAMBLE 2000 WORLD CONFERENCE

>I am by no means an expert on the matter of raising dogs, as you can probabley
tell but have had a dog all my life and I am 50 now.   I have noticed one thing
here that has confused me somewhat.  A lot of people talk about improving the
breed but yet they keep their dogs in the house and if they dont do what they
want them to do they shut them up in a create.  Is that not like putting a person
in jail.  Just wondering what it does to a dogs mind that for possibly thousands
of years has roamed free.  Just wondering out loud here  "Is this good for the
breed" or are we trying to change to breed to fit OUR needs...

><<Why do you need my apology for not attending the conferenece.  Dont even

>know where it is at and besides how does that help the breed.  Or as a
>matter of fact any breed of dog.>>Mike & Lynda
>
>Sending an apology is just one way (the simplest way) the committee has
>suggested that people who may not be able to attend the conference can
>express their support.  If you don't want to send an apology then don't.  If

>you want to 'help the breed' perhaps you can to contribute to the agenda
>items to be discussed as was also suggested?
>
>Updates on the second World Pyrenean Conference to be held in Melbourne,
>Australia on 2 and 3 November 2000 have been provided regularly to the list.

>Further information on this event can be found on the websites listed on the

>happy to send them to you privately.
>
>Tracy Bassett
>Canberra, Australia
>espinay@dynamite.com.au