Re(2): [PyrNet-L] A Nasty Encounter

Jeanne, did you report the incident with the guy with the PB? I really
think I would, if only because that's really a disaster waiting to happen.
If the guy thinks that kind of aggression in his dog is cool, just imagine
what would happen if that dog gets loose some day and encounters other
dogs, a kid, etc.
We live in Boston and walk regularly in the Arnold Arboretum, where dogs
are ostensibly required to be leashed. We don't often encounter problems,
but there are a couple of dogs whose owners let them off leash and who are
quite dog aggressive. I find myself always a bit on edge, watching for
them, trying to walk at times and in areas where we're less likely to run
into each other. Like some of the other pyrs folks have mentioned,
Paddington has some tendencies toward dog aggression, or at least a
dominant posturing, which to me at any rate is quite unpredictable. I'm
not sure to what extent it's a result of his being jumped a couple of
times by off-leash dogs when he was young, but I get so irritated by these
other dogs (more accurately, their owners!) who are uncontrolled when
we've worked so hard to curb aggression in ours, always keep them on
leash, etc. Takes all the pleasure out of what should be an immensely
pleasurable time for all of us.
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose