[pyrnet] Vacuum Cleaners

Hi Pyr-types,

Can I get some recommendations on vacuum brands/models?  I think the pyr
hair has just about shot the one we currently have.  The shop vac seems to
recently have become unhappy as well.  Neither do a very good job of picking
up the hair anyhow.  I had to steam clean earlier this week so I vacuumed
first.  I was amazed at how much embedded hair the steamer pulled out.  My
brother has complained about how many vacs he's gone through; he says dog
hair just wears them out.  I didn't believe this was true but maybe it is.

So anyhoo ... we need a new vac and I'm looking for advice on one that holds
up and does a good job.

Thanks!
Kim, Daisy and Badger