Re: [pyrnet] Anesthesia for Pyrs

In a message dated 9/13/00 11:30:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
swhite2@houston.rr.com writes:

<< I made this mistake, since I was at my regular vets.  I had to get a
 neighbor to carry Jeep into the house after he had anesthesia to remove a
 broken tooth. I couldn't see leaving him at the vets overnight, since there
 were not going to be any attendants/people there overnight.  It was
 un-nerving to see him look like a rag doll.

 Sandy >>

The Pyr Sheps are the same, maybe worse.  There are not many in North
America, but in our limited experience they really do not handle the
anesthesia well.

Joe