Re: [pyrnet] GPCA

Sandy,
    Unfortunately, those numbers reflect what those of us who are worried about
the future of our breed have known  for a long time.  There are a huge number of
livestock breeders and puppy millers out there breeding an awful lot of Pyrs.
That is why we have such an enormous rescue problem.  There are two people in my
area who would love to join the GPCA.....there are lots of GPCA members around
here, but noone would sponsor them.  Both produce litter after litter of poor
quality, unhealthy dogs with poor temperament (they have ads in the local paper
year-round.) .  They sell them to anyone who has the money and will not take
back the dogs when the owner doesn't want them anymore.  We see countless dogs
in rescue from  these breedings All they care about is the money.   Do you think
that I should sponsor them for GPCA membership?  I know there would be arguments
on both sides of that one, but I just can't do it.  I am not unfriendly when
they call and do try to help, but they know it all.
Charlotte