Re: [pyrnet] GPCA -- and dwarfs

In a message dated 10/11/00 10:54:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lmweisser@olywa.net writes:

<< only that they seem to be rare and that such
 disfigurment is not the most solid basis for mounting an argument for the
 "elimination" of dwarfs in the breed.

What could be more persuasive than the "threat" of disfigured, maimed dogs
that are classified as nonfunctional in any Dwarf litter in the future?
Quibble as we might, the facts are that not only limb but spinal deformities
accompany the syndrome.  There can be no credible argument for breeding these
dogs because of the serious nature of the potential in every litter and
future litter.  If we ever get to the point that we are desensitized and
dumbdowned to accept even 1% as acceptable to endure, I believe we are on the
wrong path completely.

Joe