Re: [pyrnet] Re: Bathing (long!!)

>> Thanks for all the comments re bathing . Just reading all the messages
now .
 No leg pulling there Joe believe me!!  My friend with me who also explained
 what we do here can verify this!!  I am also against heaps of chalk,
powder,
 sprays etc and prefer the natural clean look!!

 Jan<<

   Jan - last year I had a note from a lady who lived in the Pyrenees - who
had obviously stumbled upon my website. She commented quite rudely on the
grooming of my dogs (many show pics on the site) - and stated that one would
NEVER find real working pyreneans looking like this! She said she loved the
beauty of my dogs - but did not like to see them so domesticated.

   Well, I wrote back and let her know that my dogs live generally outside,
in the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains - are only groomed to perfection at
show times - and spend much of their time chasing away the many coyotes that
inhabit this area. Just like today - they have settled themselves into
snowbanks, enjoying the bright winter sun (-14C) - and are scanning the
horizon for "danger" real or imagined. This is the life they love. However,
I did detect a sort of reverse snobbery in her remarks. Once she learned
that I had been through the Pyrenees on several occasions, I think she
forgave me (BG)!

Geraldine

SheepRiver Great Pyrenees
Alberta, Canada