Re: [pyrnet] Rescue and Fencing Requirements

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
 Even people with good fencing have dogs get out. It's
happened to me as well. Accidents happen, but Rescue, for the
good of the dogs they place, must have requirements such as
fencing to minimize any accidents that may happen.

Have to agree with Barb on this one. Folks who lived near Paddington's
breeder in Maine had a pyr who generally ran loose on a large farm
property. All was well until he was out one day when a particularly severe
thunderstorm hit. He apparently panicked and took off and when they found
him, he'd been hit and killed, still on a relatively quiet rural road. We
too have had one escape our fencing, but I do understand the need for
"maximum security"--I figure I wouldn't leave a kid out in an unfenced
area; why would I take chances with these wonderful members of my family?
Ann, Peg, Paddington and Ivy Rose
[See on a bumper sticker the other day: "Kids are for people who can't
have dogs"]