Re: [pyrnet] shelters (sorry long.)

Peggy,   I sympathize and understand what you are saying. We too live in
the country on a farm, although we don't farm it, but our dogs are not
fenced in. Sophie sometimes can be exasperating about not wanting to
come in but she feels she needs to patrol this ridge and keep us from
harm. Last night was a good example--she has been great about coming
when called but it's been really cold, I guess the coyotes were really
howling and she wouldn't come near me enough to be able to catch her,
nor would she come for treats etc.. My husband finally got her in at
3a.m.--but this is her instinct--to care for us. She never goes far just
the field behind the house or out front, but I can tell if she's on a
mission like last night--she's goes from front to back and does her
warning barking. She sometimes will settle down for about 10 minutes but
then starts over. These shelters have to keep in mind the circumstances
under which we all live--city living and country living are two
different things ---- loving your animals is another--Bonnie

BE HAPPY!!!!!