[pyrnet] Separation anxiety in re: neutering

> Ahhhh, no disrespect intended, but are you joking about  a dog pondering
> his missing parts and having separation anxiety over being neutered?  I
> honestly don't know if this is written as "tongue in cheek" or for real?
> Cindy

Nope, Cindy, one hundred percent serious about him missing his "parts."
I've seen several shows on television where they have said that if they are
neutered after a certain age they "look" for their "parts."  Now I'm not one
who believes everything that is shown on the television.  But, according to
the tele, this is supposed to be such an experience for the male dog that a
company has developed and produced "implants" for male dogs that have been
neutered.

I will admit that my first impression was that this company was out to make
some money.  I think that would be the logical conclusion.  But, before I
have Bear neutered I wanted to know if any one has had this problem.

So, in closing, I am very serious about this, and I don't want Bear to have
any "side effects" from losing his "parts."  The only reason I've even
started thinking about having him neutered is because of testicular cancer
later on.  I think that since I don't have any plans of breeding him, this
would be a good preventative against the possibility of cancer down the
road.

What I want to know is ...
        Would having him neutered to prevent testicular cancer be as absurd
as me cutting off my breast to prevent breast cancer?  What is the chance of
him getting it if it's not in his bloodline?  Is he going to miss his
"parts" and be depressed or what?  Is he going to want to stay home instead
of running around should he accidentally get out of the house?

In general, what has been the case with those of you who have had your dogs
neutered after 14 months of age?

Thank you,

Bridget
Alabama Gulf Coast