re: [pyrnet] A long story...

Welcome...Glad you could join the list :o)

I am sorry to hear about Elmo's passing, and at such a young age too. It is always hard to loose a friend so close, and by the way you had described Elmo in your writing...it seemed you two were best friends. Our condolences.
Angus, how old is the dog ...by guess? Is Angus neutered?  How long did the other family have him? Had he been on the road for a long time before the other family had him. Where is he now? Is the mother of the boy going to press to have the dog put down?

Kuvasz look like Pyrs, but do not have the double dew claws. The breed is more territorial of their people, and land. Might give some insights to read up on the two different breeds. Just in my opinion...sounds like Angus thought that the boy was some sort of competition for pack pecking order.

I have heard that once a dog takes to the road, and has been roaming for awhile...new owners are dealing with a wild, full of pride, dominant dog, and not a domesticated dog. Those who take on a rescue that has roamed...must know, this new addition is not domesticated, and has fought, stolen, or ... to get food. or shelter. Since the previous family that had him said he was a stray...he might still be in survival mode.

I hope all turns out for the best for the boy. I sympathize for him the most, for he was just trying to help you out. What a tragic situation to have occurred.

Best wishes,
Mer, and the lost boys