Re: [pyrnet] [sampal@super.net.uk: help]

Anita, it sounds as if you have a boy who is testing the limits in his
late adolescence. This is not acceptable behavior, although it's probably
somewhat typical of dominant puppies. Have you had this boy in obedience
classes? It sounds as if he needs a very firm hand--he's too big to be
allowed to get away with this behavior. There's a very good article on
"Alpha Boot Camp" that I think is on the GPCA website that might be
helpful. From what you say, I would guess that your boy is trying to be
leader of the pack, and it's really important that you put him in his
rightful place before someone gets hurt more seriously. Our male was very
dominant as a puppy, but with good advice from a trainer and a good bit of
work on our part, he became a wonderful, trustworthy adult. But the time
he was about 4, he'd stopped the occasional testing to see what he could
get away with.
Good luck. Others will have more help to give than I!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori