[pyrnet] Intro & new pup questions

First, Just getting back into being owned by a pet after many years.

I have had some large breed experience with Newfs, but have found my self the
smitten "owner" of a beautiful 13 week old Pyr female named Luka. Now for some questions.....:)

1. It seems like I may have a Pyr with some newf tendencies - likes to splash the water out of the bowl and then lounge around.... Normal??

2. She definately does not like the word no... shakes her head and seems to throw a fit...

3. Just how headstrong are they?? She will walk on a lead, (with harness, not a collar, yet) but again seems to have those times when "Darn it I want to go here!!!"  Just more training on a lead???

4. Are they all so observant???? She actually watches small planes leaving the  airport nearby as they fly overhead... as well as airborne birds...

5. Finally...... is there a cure for this madness????? :)

Phil