Re: [pyrnet] Gordon's quest

   Thanks for the message,Tea.   Cultured Southerners are taught not
to belch that third syllable in Ha-vah-Duh. It is neither cultured or
prime spelling.  Southern ears are tuned to the musical sounds and by
custom  we eliminate unnecessary
syllables.
   But northeast(was never a confederation or separate country, so it
is not a proper noun, calling for lower case),
dialect can be whatever it chooses.

     I  once was a big  fan of WBZ.  They had some talk shows that
were superb.  I suppose the management changed or something else
happened, now it's pure fiddle-faddle. It is chit-chat talk, always
slewed to the far left.  I expect any night they will have a topic
such as: "When one of your socks wears out, what do you do with the
other one?" There is something to keep those cultured Bostonians
calling in to the show, and they can discuss it for hours.
    I had an Army buddy from Maine.  He was from somewhere west of
Portland. Nice fellow. Regaled me with stories about running illegal
potatoes from Canada, along the  backroads. The Maine crop was short
that year.  (I confess to preferring Maine potatoes to Idaho ones.)
    Thanks again.

   Hermit in the Woods,  trying to be gracious about dishonest Abe and
the Civil War and the million lives they squandered.  But this is the
weekend and break time, so
we can discuss that next year.