Re: [pyrnet] Pyr Chow

   Without being disrespectful Linda, who made some good points, I
would have to agree that skepticism about
dog foods is a good thing.
   The reason being, is the source for some of the simple ingredients
listed.  Bone meal, for instance, may be bone meal, acceptable to our
all-knowing and all-powerful government, but if users only knew that
it may be from diseased animals, including other dogs, it becomes a
lot less attractive; and that some so-called minerals are reclaimed
from sewer sludge. A few simple heating precautions provide no real
protection.
   Please remember this:  The only countries where bubonic plague and
those other terrible diseases are rampant are in those countries that
use human manure as fertilizer,  We have already had  imported
diseases such as that from
tomato importations from Mexico, where  the USDA found certain
farmers using human manure as fertilizer.
After having lived in Mejico for eight years and understanding a
little better the Mexican  attitude on the part of some there, I can
believe it.  Since they aren't going to eat the tomato.and those
Yankee oppressors are, who cares.  Same attitude as with some dog food
manufacturers.  They all buy diseased livestock for the 'meat'
content.
   Please, never handle any of that stuff with your hands.
Use a scoop.  A mask is also a nice refinement.

Hermit in the Woods, where fresh, clean meat is no problema.