Re: [pyrnet] BARF diet

----- Original Message -----
From: <Steelmoment@aol.com>

But then it brings us right back to nutrition.....if
this ear problem was corrected with nutrition then maybe the breeding stock
is not receiving what it should as well?

OK - let's NOT go there VBG!>>

Oh let's !!!  :-))  Yes, it's possible that the breeding stock was not
receiving what it needed.  But then it had the same weakness.  All of this
is "proved" for me by the fact that there are hundreds, nay thousands, tens
of thousands, of dogs that are fed ordinary commercial kibble and do not
have ear or skin problems.  I have always had dogs like that.  The few that
had chronic ears or skins were altered and went to live in homes where they
got round the clock attention.  Personally I simply would not have the
stamina to deal with a dog with chronic problems.  I can deal very well with
the occasional ear infection, the occasional hot spot which happens to most
dogs.  Day in, day out problems, not if I can help it.  Call this a lot of
dogs, call this lazy, call this anything that you want, but it is how I
feel.  And those dogs must be strong, healthy and not chronically plagued on
normal kibbled dog food and reasonable care and attention.  This should be a
strong, natural, powerful breed which lives a long and healthy life given
half a chance.  I know this probably sounds either pie in the sky or holier
than thou.  But these dogs do not have to be a medical problem for their
owners.

<<Enough said - it does work for my guys and may not work for others.   So
each his own.   : )>>

And AMEN to that.

Linda