Re: [pyrnet] Been gone

You certainly could suggest to your husband that if he gets his
"jewels" removed, you'll think about keeping the dog's! <EG> But,
all joking aside, Newman will be a better and healthier pet for
having been neutered. My Bo, had to be neutered at 9 1/2 years
due to severe prostatitis. My friend lost her Pyr at 10 1/2
because his prostate had become riddled with abcesses. They could
not do surgery because he had developed phneumonia as well. The
infection had gone systemic. He was too far gone. Newman will be
calmer, and the terrible teens will be easier. If there's a bitch
in heat anywhere nearby, Newman will be digging out, jumping
over, or running through fences to get to her. I've known dogs
who have chewed through walls and doors, and even chainlink to
get to a bitch in season. No one knows how Newman will react to
this stimulus, but these are all possibilities. Oh, and oft
times, the marking gets worse. I'd get him done ASAP. (of course,
you could always tell hubby, REAL men get their dogs neutered!
<EG>)

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com