[pyrnet] Growing pains or ???

Hello,

Well Romy had his first match on Sunday and he/Soo won first place for
9-12month Pyrenees.

My concern now is that he is limping on Monday and today.  He took a pretty
good spill in the slick mud about a few weeks ago...limped a bit starting a
few days after...that went away in less than a week.  Now after the match (I
do not think he was physically strained there and has not fallen) he is
limping again.  It seems to be in his left rear leg most of the time...today
though it looks more in his right front.

I am concerned about this.  I have read about OCD, but a diagnostic for it is
"manipulating the joint will produce a pain response".  I have tested this
and he shows no sign of pain or discomfort when I move his leg while he is
laying down.
I have also compared legs (left and right) and can feel no inflammation,
swelling, or irregularities.  I have inspected his paws/pads and no sign of
cuts etc.

A Pyr breeder recommended taking him off "large breed puppy food" (28%
protein) and putting him on adult food.  I am now in the process of changing
him over to Nutro Lamb & Rice (21% protein, good balance of omega 3-6, good
ingredients + glucosamine and chondroitin).  I am also going very easy on his
exercise...just fresh air essentially and a bit of a stroll in the yard.

He is 10.5 months old (male).  Is this growing pains as some other area
breeders suggested...or does this sound like OCD? (which I understand is hard
to diagnose/correct).

Please advise.

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy