Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

<< One of the main researchers at the University of Colorado in Cancer study made the statement that all cancer is "heritable" although it may not be directly genetic. >>

I hope that this statement is "out of context" here. Otherwise it is a very foolish one. Although I would suppose in a very broad sense it might be true. Many Cancers are environmental and that is proven. Studies as you probably already know, have been done in humans and diet can effect the incidence of or even help to prevent, many types of Cancer. Why would this not be true in dogs as well?

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs) & Elle the foster Pyr
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com