Re: [pyrnet] Cancer

----- Original Message -----
From: <JGentzel@aol.com>

I think if my experience had all my dogs die of cancer I would also try many
things to stop or lower it (maybe diet as well).  I would though suggest
trying also a different genetic makeup going forward with a lower incidence
of occurrence.  My bias (again) is this would do more for the incidence
incurred than the type food feed.  JMHO.>>

My instinct is to agree with Joe here but I do often consider the fact that
my friend mentioned in an earlier post (45 miles away, 9 bone cancers if 15
years) has almost entirely the same lines that I have.  Our pedigrees are
quite similar.  Mine may possibly be a bit more outcrossed but not much.  It
is hard to get some sense of the heritability of all of this.  And yet I
still do believe it.  It's just that somehow we need eventually to account
for these things.

Linda