[pyrnet] Re: chat: guarding instincts...

Hi,

Need some advice from those who have been loved and owned by pyrs for many
yrs.  Haad a very bad situation this morning with a delivery that we were
expecting.  First, I'll tell you about my pyrs, Krystal & Buddy.  Krystal is
a 8 yr. old girl I purchased when she was 19 weeks old.  Friendly as can be
and also very stubborn.  Whenever anyone comes to the house, they are
usually greeted by her barking and tail wagging so hard that it looks like
it'll lift her off the ground.  Buddy, is a 3 yr. old male that I kept from
a litter that my grandfather and I bred.  He's not very quick to warm up to
strangers, but once he does, he'll never leave you alone.  His world is
simply my son, my husband and me.

Now before I make this a ten page message, let me tell you what happened
this morning.  We live in a lake house on the side of a mountain and there
are about 20 steps to the front door.  We were having a sofa bed delivered
(more like a futon, but fancier).  Before the new piece could be brought up,
the old sofa which weighs about 50 lbs. had to be removed and brought down
to the curb.  The delivery men from the moment they arrived already were
complaining that they were not going to remove anything and that they were
leaving.  All hell broke loose and one can imagine the profanity that was
exchanged between the one guy and my husband after my husband was called
something I can't repeat.  when my husband asked the men to leave, they
started to get even louder and I thought the argument was going to get
physical.  My husband wasn't going to take any chances and took Krystal out.
I should say Krystal was head banging the door and growling trying to get
out.  she ran out and just stood there looking right into the eyes of the
loud mouth that started the argument.  He sure ran back to the truck awfully
quick. My husband asked me if I thought Krystal would have intervened if
this man had touched him, I assured him she would without being instructed,
but he doesn't believe me.  What can I tell him about our beloved pyrs that
will convince him that though they are very gentle (which he has witnessed
over the yrs.), they can be very menacing when needed.

Sorry for such a lengthy message, but he's really concerned about this.

Tery & her pyrs,
Krystal, Buddy, Bonnie & Sasha