[pyrnet] Dino loves too much!

Hi Everyone
I have a big problem and was hoping your experience
will help in some way.  I have two 6 month old pyrs.
Brother and sister.  We have had them for 3 months.
We got our pups as LGD for chickens and goats.  The
breeder, knowing this, put them in with his chickens
everyday starting at 3 weeks (for short intervals at
first until they were weaned). The pups lived with the
chickens until we were allowed to take them home at 10
weeks old. After a few weeks Dino, the male, started
to "play" with the chickens. He would chase them, and
display typical puppy play behavior.  We corrected him
and to our knowledge, was not playing with the
chickens anymore.  Well, to make a long story short,
Dino is no longer with the chickens because he has
killed so many (6). He does not play with them in
front of us - or when he thinks we are looking.  It's
like he knows he's not supposed to so he waits until
he thinks we are not looking. The other pyr, Darla,
did display some of this behavior at first but
responded well to our correction and is starting to
become pretty attached to them.  She hardly  leaves
them anymore. (Which makes us smile to see her
instinct starting to kick in - it's so amazingly
sweet.) But back to Dino - our biggest problem (now
that he's away from the chickens and has the whole
farm to roam) is that he is "playing" with everything
else.  He has killed both of our cats this week.  The
crazy thing is, I don't think he means to.  Because he
loved those cats.  He slept with them every night all
cuddled in the dog house.  Would lick them to death
and as soon as they would start to walk away, here
comes the big bear paw down on their little backs.
He would gnaw at them and try to carry them around in
his mouth.  And the cats were not scared of him - they
were buddies.  I really think he just doesn't realize
how strong he is and just plays too rough for such
little kitties. He does the same thing to our goats
but so far they can out run him. Which he does like
but eventually gives up the chase. Every time we see
him even acting like he is going to start to play with
them we run outside and correct him. So he has just
started doing it when we aren't around.  Sneaky thing.
 We keep coming home to kitties and goats that are
completely covered in dog slobber.  So now we have
this huge dog that was supposed to protect our animals
but he is literally loving them to death.  We are at a
loss as to what to do for him.  Finding him a new home
is out of the question.  We are too attached and love
him too much.  But we are also fearful for our other
pets that he "loves on" too much. We have him
scheduled to be neutered next week.  Will some of this
stop after the surgery?  Please help.  Thank you

Amy