Re: [pyrnet] Gate Signs & hooks

Depends on the kind of gate you have. Mine are chain link gates and they have the kind of latch that drops down into place around a metal pole. there is a hole at the bottom and I put a snap hook in the hole so the dogs cannot lift it with their noses and let themselves out. (yes, I have dogs who know how to open the doors in the house as well and let themselves out <G>) Can be a bit of a pain in the winter as the snaps can freeze shut, but if you have the brass ones, they are easy to free up and let yourself in or out. So far the dogs have not been able to open them. Like this one, but with a hook at both ends.

Barb Bowes
Chelsea (Pyr)  Twister (Pyr)
greatpyr@enter.net
http://www.penndutchrescue.org