[pyrnet] Skin Problems

Title: Message
We have a dog in our club rescue program that was found in the middle of a busy road.  Besides being very thin he has a terrible skin problem.  He has no coat at all  from his chin all the way down his belly.  The Vet has given him meds for for low thyroid and antibiotics for infection.  Although it has been 2 weeks since he began treatment and he is no longer scratching, the coat is not really growing back except for a few thin tufts.  Does anyone have any ideas about what to do to help him grow his coat back?  This is a very, very sweet dog who must have had a terrible life.  His toenails did not look as though they had ever been trimmed and were curled sideways.
Charlotte Perry
National Capital Area Great Pyrenees Club