Re: [pyrnet] RE: pyrnet-l-digest.20050318-1

Perhaps too many Pyrs with good qualities are AUTOMATICALLY being spayed or neutered at an early age and never even evaluated for possible breeding later on in their life.
    You are right Terry, but isn't that decision one for the people who are breeding the dogs?   I'm neither a breeder nor a judge of stock, and have no desire to be either.
    We needed a large, but gentle, guardian for our place, did the research, and a Gr Pyr fit the bill.  An unspayed female out here in the country will sooner or later produce pups of some kind, and we wanted to avoid that.   We bought the last pup of the litter, so I would assume that if any of her siblings were of show/breeding quality someone else bought them.  Although she is beautiful to us, I have no idea how a knowledgable judge of the breed would rate her (but it would be fun to know).  We rate her A1 at doing her guardian job.

Nancy