Re: [WW] Various Ideas

>I find the idea of the holocaust ‘powering’ the nazi
>occult very attractive (see the short story 'Thor
>Meets Captain America' by David Brin). Its only
>downside is that it provides a reason for doing it
>(though still a crazy and evil one). One could see the
>allies faced with a seemingly invincible magical enemy
>coming to the same choice. Stalin would have no qualms
>at all; I can’t really Roosevelt and Churchill ever
>condoning it but who knows what might be going on at a
>secret base in New Mexico – with the ’assistance’ of
>internees and POWs.
>
>The Germans had weather stations in Greenland. Who
>knows what be hidden beneath the ice? See the novel
>‘The Ice King’ for one idea (undead Vikings).
>
>The Germans had a ship exploring Antarctica before the
>war. Maybe they found the remains of Graham Hancock’s
>advanced Anteborean civilisation that gave them the
>secrets that allowed them to build the first ‘flying
>Saucers’. Wild Bill sends a party South to see what
>they can see – and don’t go beyond the mountains…
>
>Michael

I don't have the book yet, but from what I've heard it would appear
that using the magical energy from sacrifices is not all that
reliable. It may just be the way the Nazis are going about it,
sacrificing in wholesale lots instead of individually.

At the same time, aren't there other sources of magical energy? Such
as from, say, natural sources? Areas left in their natural state (so
to speak). Could American dweomercrafters be countering Nazi magics
using power gleaned from our national parks?

Alan
--
_______

Mythusmage.com, <http://www.mythusmage.com> at its new location!